Friday, January 15, 2010

Help for Haiti




Hello! Today at Bama Cooking I am going to talk about the tragedy occurring in Haiti. I know everyone has seen the photos, video, and news footage. The devastation is just overwhelming. I don't see how life in Haiti is going to get better any time soon. But I'm praying that relief will arrive in time to aide the survivors. The Bible tells us to pray for other nations, and this is a time when I know prayers are abundant. I know that my fellow Americans will rally together and give as they always do.

I plan to find in my budget $100 to donate to an orphanage in Haiti. I met a fellow real estate investor who owns an orphanage in Haiti. She said that it is believed that none of the 165 children in residence at her orphanage survived. A team carrying supplies left today to search for survivors and to get ready to rebuild. I'm certain after this awful event, more children will need a home soon.

So that is how we are planning to handle our donation. This would not be the best time for me to donate by choice, because I am having surgery in a few weeks, and will not have a paycheck during that time. So I was already trying to juggle my budget to cover the time without checks. But I believe that God wants us to bear our brothers' burdens, and sometimes He presents opportunities for us to step out in faith. The good thing about donating at a time like this is that every dollar adds up, and you don't have to have a big amount to make a difference.

Think about it, pray about it, and if you find it in your heart, GIVE. Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment